Re: [OM] [OT] Diphthong (was: Dipthong) AND OM 2000

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Diphthong (was: Dipthong) AND OM 2000
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 12:40:22 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/01 9:14:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I thought I had learned in grade school that diphthongs are consonant pairs
>  that produce a sound different from their individual pronounciations (ph,
>  gh, th...

Think I learned it that way, too, Mickey, but I was pretty busy looking at my
soon-to-be girlfriend about that time, so I could be remembering it wrong.

Not only is history being constantly re-written for the politically correct,
but the language continues to grow, evolve, and the useage change.  I try not
to be too "prissy" about it.  I constantly think of Sir Winston Churchill's
reply, when told it was incorrect to end a sentence with a preposition: "That
is the sort of nonsense up with which I shall not put!"

OM content:

Heck, I'm even thinking of picking up an OM-2000.  I rather like the look and
feel of it, regardless of who builds it.  Not prissy here.  Dump that
"plast-icky" 35 - 70 and plug on the 35 - 70/3.5 - 4.5 and the other Zuikos,
heh, heh...  SR44 batteries, 1/125th flash sync, built-in flash shoe, 1/2000
shutter speed, spot and center-weighted metering.  Good price.  Why be prissy
about this camera?  It looks like a sleeper to me!

Rich