Re: [OM] Pricing

Subject: Re: [OM] Pricing
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:27:50 -0500
At 05:58 PM 5/29/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Yeah, but he meant me, and I'm no pro.  If he took it to someplace like
>Precision camera, it might add weight, although having bought a lot of their
>used OM stuff, they're not great at it (usually to my advantage on the stuff
>I buy). They are, however, the only game left in town.

The best and easiest thing to do is just take a few pictures with the
equipment. Being able to say, "I just took several slides with it, and they
all came out great" would probably boost the price by a lot more than the
cost of a half dozen frames. Also if you're the only owner, or a long-time
owner, say so (and provide a justification for selling). It's amazing how
many sellers knock their bids way down with statements like, "It looks OK,
but I don't know anything about cameras and I found it at an estate sale, so
I'm selling it as-is."

Paul Farrar