[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2458

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #2458
From: Norma Foltz <nfoltz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 20:08:22 -0700
Dear Daryl Hurley and Wayne Harridge and Erwin Voogt

I'm new to the 135 mm - I bought a used Vivitar f2.8 135mm and thought it was
very nice because
it has a 55 mm filter thread size.

Then I bought a used 135 mm f2.5 macro SAKAR auto MC lens. I was happy at first
but then I
noticed that it has a problem:  The little metal stop is worn down so that it
does not lock into positon on the camera.  Question is there a quick fix ?
I've though of mixing up a tiny amount of
epoxy putty ;)  but it seems like a really nice lens and I don't want to mess
it up.

I guess I could just continue to use it but I'm afraid that I'll accidentally
twist it off just when I'm
taking a macro of a saltwater crocodile's incisor teeth or something !

My OM2S was working good until the mirror locked up and it stopped.  This time
Red B 60 did
not work for me.

As always I welcome your advice Olympians !

Hank Hogan <hogant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>