Re: [OM] Taking 120 film out of Canada

Subject: Re: [OM] Taking 120 film out of Canada
From: bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 16:38:38 -0700
At 03:42 PM 7/5/01 -0600, Garth wrote:

>Mine's been much better -- the only two places where hand inspection was
refused were Heathrow and Paris-Charles de Gaulle.  Everywhere in North
America has been fine, as long as the film was out of its canister and in a
Ziploc(tm) bag for ease of inspection.  If not, then I got the "let's take
a look-see through your stuff" approach (this was at Vancouver
International Airport).

>This is surprising to me, since Edmonton's one of the two main training
points for Canada Customs inspectors, and they're notorious for being
harder on people here than at other ports of entry into Canada...

Garth,

Film was out of the cannister in ziploc etc etc. May be that the WestCoast
is the culprit. Worst experience was right here at Victoria, next was
Vancouver - never had a problem out of Edmonton. Customs is another story
altogether - worst ever experience was returning to Edmonton from Spokane
at midnight - true horror story.

Since John is departing Vancouver he may want to keep both our experiences
in mind.

Barry H