Re: [OM] silver nose (not related to Rudolph)

Subject: Re: [OM] silver nose (not related to Rudolph)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:14:14 -0500
Silvernose are the oldest 'original' lenses.  I believe all the M lenses
were silvernose and I would guess (can someone confirm?) that most of the
silvernose OM lenses were also available as M lenses.

They are the oldest formulations, in most case SC.  The exception is the
fast/wides (21/2,24/2,28/2, don't know about the 35/2).  They were always
MC.  Interestingly, some of the fast wides were MC at the beginning, but not
marked MC.  As Olympus started releasing MC lenses, they ADDED the MC on the
filter ring of some of the lenses that were always MC.  Then, when all the
lenses were MC, they took MC back off (hope I have that right).

They are not, in my experience, any more valuable, but they sure are cool
looking. I have a number of silvernoses, including a 35/2.8, 50/1.4, 50/1.8,
75-150/4 and 300/4.5.

Tom