OT [OM] Re: Paying for Zuikoholism

Subject: OT [OM] Re: Paying for Zuikoholism
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 15:54:36 +1000
At 03:20 PM Thursday 2/08/2001, you wrote:
on 8/1/01 8:07 AM, DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx at DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Here is one way to secure extra funds for our addiction.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1259158560
>

> Dave Dougherty

I remember seeing shoe shiners on street corners in my overseas travels in the past. Most of these poor individuals will gladly accept whatever coins are given to them. They know that every coin helps get the bread on the table for that night. I can just imagine the repetitive strain injuries they suffer from their livelihood. Yet others choose to beg on street corners.

I remember during the Sydney Olympics how the local authorities were trying to clean up the city of beggars for the benefit of showing off the city to the world. I won't forget one incident however, when a group of American tourists threw several beer tops into the handkerchief of a beggar. They were laughing loudly and I overheard... "Sniff and dream old man..." another comment was "Beggars can't be choosers..."

That URL got me thinking that a lot of sweat is spilt over those shoe shine boxes.... and we talk about thousand dollar lenses. Hmm I think there's a lesson in that somewhere.

OC