Re: [OM] Vivitar 2X Macro Focusing Teleconverter MC

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 2X Macro Focusing Teleconverter MC
From: Mike and Suzie <tiptop@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 00:34:15 -0400
I've had occasion to use one of these a few times since getting a used
example back in April.  As I haven't added a true macro to my kit as yet
it has allowed me the opportunity to get into macrophotography on the
cheap. I have no complaint's about it's functionality for my use where
my best of the best get enlarged to 5x7.

The user's manual claims compatibility (with varying results) with all
lenses, but warns that unsupported use with heavier lenses will cause
wear of the focussing mechanism.  I ran across the manual in .pdf form
somewhere on the net but can't remember where.  Contact me off list if
you would like me to email the manual to you, it's about 1.8 megs.

Mike Luks
Who spent the afternoon photographing my niece who has discovered the
wonders of ambulation!