Re: [OM] While we were fighting...[originally mailed Thurs. AM]

Subject: Re: [OM] While we were fighting...[originally mailed Thurs. AM]
From: ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 16:20:20 -0400
In <3B6C236A.AA86099C@xxxxxxxxxx>, on 08/04/01 at 11:31 AM,
   "c.e.packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

>[snip]
>http://www.shinozuka-family.com/f1/

Whilst I was [ahem] otherwise occupied latterly, I too must have missed
this reference. I just visited the site, and found myself bowled over by
the beauty of these shots. Aside from the comeliness of the children,
there is a fine sense of balance, as if we are peering at the scene just
as the photographer was taking the photograph. The vignetting is so
similar to what many do in the darkroom when making prints that here, it
merely gives a "finished" appearance to the picture.

I agree that the site encourages viewers to try out fast lenses at their
widest  apertures. In fact, the much-vaunted "3d" character of Leica
lenses -- a trait  I think shared by several Zuiko lenses -- might
prompt some fearless souls  to make comparisons between their wide-open
Leica lenses and their wide-open  Zuiko lenses. Would the similarities
hold?