Re: [OM] OMs and glue

Subject: Re: [OM] OMs and glue
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 22:51:03 -0700 (PDT)
 Ken Norton wrote:

 No, this message isn't about safe adhesives to use on your
 leatherette.  It's about the "glue" or the common threads that
 hold some of us together.  (Snip)

 Ken,

 You paint with words! I agree wholeheartedly with what you have said,
 so eloquently, in your post. I've been on the Oly list a for a far
 shorter time than you (less than two years) so I don't remember the
 times when the membership was really small. Even so, it has grown
 considerably since I joined and I've also seen the volume of messages
 almost double in that time.

 I've met only one other list member in the flesh, Paul Reynolds in
 the UK,  and I'm about to meet another, Trevor Urlwin, who has just
 arrived here in Indonesia from Australia for a couple of years.
 Despite this, I feel I have got to know so many good people and have
 exchanged private emails with several.

 Like yourself, I value the Oly list and the new friendships that have
 enriched my life through my association with its members. I also
 value the knowledge that I have gained, from the very experienced
 photographers, scientists and technicians that contribute so much of
 value. And I have been awed by the artistic talent displayed in
 people's web sites and in TOPE. I am afraid to name individuals
 in case I omit somebody but, as they say, YOU know who you are!

 I guess you're right, Ken, it will all have to end one day but, until
 then, I hope to be able to continue enjoying it. BTW, I had to
 sub*scribe in order to have this message posted on the list. This
 is because the list has now been closed to prevent spam - a good idea,
 IMHO, because it was getting pretty unbearable. (I didn't subscribe
 until now because I prefer reading the digest online instead of having
 my Yahoo! mailbox full).

 Regards,

=====
Ray