Re: [OM] Some Questions about various stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] Some Questions about various stuff
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 18:48:09 +0100

> 3: I am really interested in the Vivitar 2x Macro
> converter, and I was wondering what effect it has on a
> dedicated macro lens.

No clue about your first two questions, I'm afraid (it'll be years
before I can get myself a shift lens), but I'd think with this it would
allow great magnification, though as there are extra optical elements
involved it might not be the best quality.  I did once see an incredible
picture taken with a dedicated macro lens on extension tubes AND with
close-up lenses on the front.  The photo was of a fly, and the details
on the legs and in the eyes was phenomenal.

Roger