Re: [OM] 35/shift vs. regular 35

Subject: Re: [OM] 35/shift vs. regular 35
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:29:29 -0700 (PDT)
> OK, the urge to have as many Zuikos not withstanding, if I
> were to get a
> 35/shift lens, are there any reason to get a regular 35
> besides it weighs
> less and it does not require pushing in the aperature pin?

Yes.  The normal 35/2.8 has better contrast, less flare prone
and is sharper.  Not to mention that it is lighter, smaller,
easier to use and can be acquired with a silver-nose.

One of the biggest lens mistakes I've made was getting rid of my
original 35/2.8.  Mr. Enabler very recently corrected that
oversight for me.  (you wondered who got his last one)

Anyway, I no longer have the 35-shift (traded it for a 200/4,
50/3.5, Nikon scanner and some cash), but am at home again with
the very edgy-sharp 35/2.8.

DON'T EVER GET RID OF A 35/2.8!

AG-Schnozz