RE: [OM] Stereo? was Fang of the Millenium!

Subject: RE: [OM] Stereo? was Fang of the Millenium!
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 17:17:04 +1000
The Nimslo and Nishika are four lens cameras - each lens taking a half
frame image. The print integrated the four images to produce a single
portrait format 3D image. They're around as curiosities - saw one the other
day for US$45 and was tempted - if you buy one, get the flash unit as it
can be rare.
They have uses unlike many orphaned formats. One person shoots four
identical images but puts filter gels over three of the lenses and prints
up little 'Warhol' sequences. They are also sought after for homemade
panoramics - chop out the lenses and the 4X half-frame mask to produce a
camera body with a 24x72mm format on 35mm. Then put an old, high quality
6x9 folding camera lens and shutter unit on the front and make a wire frame
viewfinder. Voila! - poor man's Xpan (wider too!)
AndrewF