Re: [OM] PICS

Subject: Re: [OM] PICS
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 10:04:14 +0800
I have a note to the E-10 (or other digital camera) users. If you are
using on-camera flash for indoor shoot you better use A mode and set
the aperture to F4 or something smaller. In program mode the camera
always set to larger aperture and in many cases F2, also the shutter
speed it set to quite low at wide end (1/15-1/30?). I have ruin a
party shot due to I haven't notice the reading on the camera, I just
trusted it too much.

Even the DOF of E-10 is larger than normal 35mm, but it is not really
large enough to cover group of people when wide open. The pictures
looked unsharp everywhere as the "appearance DOF" of short focal
length is large. It was not so distinct between the focus point and
out-focus area. The out-foucs area just translated to unsharp look
(while in 35mm the out-focus area could look very soft), I hope you
will understand what I mean.

C.H.Ling