RE: [OM] high speed slide film - wow

Subject: RE: [OM] high speed slide film - wow
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:16:51 +0100
Hi Peter,

> A while ago I think it was Olaf recommended I try pushing provia 400F
> TO 3200  as I take quite a lot of low light stuff in tombs and museums. I
tried a test
> roll and was very impressed.

Excellent!
I, amongst others, had wondered about the results of such a test. I had seen
only the printed shots in the Provia F flyer, so these were not exactly
coming from an "unprejudiced" source. It's good to see that you second these
results then!
Provia 400F is not _that_ much more expensive than the 100F version, so this
then seems to be an excellent way to shoot at 3200 ASA using available
light.

> Now I've got some results back of "real" photos and I am hugely impressed.
This stuff is
> amazing

Yes, the printed results in the flyer look very impressive too, I can hardly
tell the shots taken at 400 ASA apart from the ones taken at 800 ASA, 1600
ASA or even 3200 ASA! Similarly, Provia 100F seems to perform equally well
for push processing, the results at 200 ASA and 400 ASA look really well
too. Fuji does not recommend pushing the film any further than that, though.
Regarding pulling, I believe Fuji recommends not pulling either film more
than 1 stop.

> Thanks again for the tip Olaf

You're welcome! Thank you for sharing your findings with the group, and I
hope to see some of your work with it soon.

Cheers!
Olafo