[OM] Third party superwide angle lenses

Subject: [OM] Third party superwide angle lenses
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:30:24 -0800 (PST)
I am looking to get a superwide angle third party lens
since it is just too expensive for me to get a true
Zuiko, although ultimatley I would like to get one.
Something from 21 - 14mm is what I'm looking for at
less than $300 prefererably 200 and less. I am not
looknig for ultra sharp, but sold performance at at
least f5.6 and greater. Here are the lenses I am
looking at...

Tamron SP 17 or 14mm lenses (anyone have any
experience with these lenses either alone or compared
to their nearest Zuiko equivalent the 18mm)

Tokina 17mm same thing

Vivitar 19mm

Sigma 16mm fisheye -yes I know I there was one a week
ago and I'm kicking myself for letting it go, anyone
have any experience with this lens?

Only superwides I can find used is a dmaged Zuiko
18/3.5 which is priced at an outrageous $450 which
would definitley need the front and probably the rear
element replaced. And a Nikon 20/4 which is pretty
tempting at $250, but which would mean jumping
headfirst into Nikon gear and I don't want to spend a
couple hundred more for a body.

Any opinions would be nice and if there are any lenses
I missed please tell me and give me an opinion of them
Thanks!

Mark Lloyd