Re: [OM] Third party superwide angle lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Third party superwide angle lenses
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:16:28 -0800
Mike,

The 16mm dos not really count here, because it is a different type of lens
being a fisheye, as opposed to a rectilinear. Most fisheye lenses are
dsigned to project a 180 circle. In the OM line both the 8mm and 16mm give
you a 180deg angle of view, the circular image size is different though, so
that the 16mm provides an image that covers the full frame.

The 17mm Tamron lens has an angle of view of 104deg The Cosina Voigtlander
15mm has an angle of view of 110 degress, even though it is a shorter focal
lenght than the 16mm.

Kind of a long answer to a short question, but there it is.

Jim Couch