[OM] Need trip suggestions

Subject: [OM] Need trip suggestions
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 23:20:05 -0400
Okay, once again I'm putting the call out to the list for trip suggestions.
The budget is probably a bit better than my last trip since I've been
working full time and have managed to save up some money.

Here's the details,

Thinking about around late May, early June. Probably will go around Victoria
day (May 20 this year) since it's a statutory holiday in Canada so that
gives me an extra day off without using a vacation day. I've got 10 vacation
days and with weekends and the holiday, that would give me 17 days off. So
the earliest I'd be leaving would be May 4 (returning on May 20), the latest
I'd be leaving would be May 20 (returning June 5). Anything in between is
fair game but remember the 17 day restriction.

Here's the other criteria:

- Reasonably good transportation (I don't have a driver's licence so I won't
be renting a car).

- Would prefer to visit a continent I haven't been to yet (so North America
and Europe are lower priorities).

- Affordable accommodations.

I'm currently leaning towards Asia (particularly China) but the airfare is
pretty steep (coming from eastern Canada) and the travel time is pretty
long, so I might rather go when I have more time.

I'm also thinking Peru would be very interesting to visit.

And finally, I'm thinking maybe somewhere in Eastern Europe, such as Hungary
or the Czech republic (could have time to visit both I suppose).

But I'm open for suggestions.

Of course most/all of my Olympus gear will be making the trip.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx