Re: [OM] Why bigger images are better 4

Subject: Re: [OM] Why bigger images are better 4
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:05:53 +0100
AG Schnozz wrote:
[snip]

> But, the advertising agency insisted on 4x5.
>
> AG-Schnozz

I suspect that the 4x5 preference (also?) used to come from the printing
industry. Back in the stone age (10-15 years ago), when you had to
use a repro camera and a contact screen to prepare a slide for printing,
the smaller formats could be a pain to handle. The 4x5 was so much easier
to work with when the reprocamera was built for formats around one half
meter across, or larger.

IMO the requirement for 4x5 is overkill nowadays, except for a few special
applications. I would still love to play with such a camera someday.

Just my $0.02.

Lars