Re: [OM] Olympus e-SIF is offline

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus e-SIF is offline
From: "Jon Wichman" <jwichman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:49:26 -0600
 We're working on potential solutions now.  Unfortunately, virtually all of
them require a reduction in ease of access as well as a reduction in
available content.  One possibility: it goes "subscription only," and
subscribers (who would pay a small annual fee or something like that) would
receive a password.  I'm not crazy about that solution, 'cause it gets us
into an administrative burden that's none too pleasant for what is
essentially a volunteer service.

Yep.  That would be a nightmare.

It would be better to get donations to get another server and a IP address.
Then your router could filter and limit bandwidth (traffic) to that IP
address.

Actually, how about just a new IP address and another ethernet card?

Of course, these are just SWAG's without knowing your exact setup...

Jon