Re: [OM] The Survey II

Subject: Re: [OM] The Survey II
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:07:09 -0800
I was out shooting today and used Zuikos 18/3.5, 21/3.5 and 24/2.8. I also used Tamrons 35-105/2.8 and 80-200/2.8. I took along a Tokina 150-500/5.6, but left my tripod standing by the door, so didn't use the Tokina. The monopod isn't enough for the Tokina when it's windy, if ever. I would say only a quarter of my shots were with the Zuikos. The point is, the Tamron 35-105/2.8 costs about a quarter what the Zuiko 35-80/2.8 does and Zuiko didn't make anything like the big Tamron and Tokina. These and other non Zuikos are serious lenses that I use regularly with my Oly bodies. I use Zuikos almost exclusively for primes from 18-85mm and a mixture of Zuiko and non-Zuiko primes and zooms from 35-1000mm.

I'll bet a lot of list members use non Zuiko lenses for a lot of picture taking. A survey that includes only Zuikos may give a very misleading picture of the 'lens to body' ratio and of what members are actually using to take pictures.

Moose

Josh Lohuis wrote:

Hi All,

 Some things I forgot to mention.  I'm not going to tabulate accessories or
non Oly stuff.  Just bodies and Zuiko's will be included.  (If this is
successful I'll do a total and complete survey)  If you want to remain
anonymous just type that instead of an E-mail Address.