Re: [OM] Camera Expedition

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera Expedition
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:41:07 -0800 (PST)
> So Ken (or is that Mr. Schnooz :-) ): if you have money
> burning in your
> pocket, is there other reason why you would not buy a
> Contax645, or choose
> another MF over it?
>
> Now it looks to be single spot meter only, and not multi-spot,
> is that right?

Well, money is still a short-term issue.  I'm holding off until
I can be reasonably assured that my return on investment is
great enough to pay for it within, say, thirty years.

At this moment, I'd have to say that the Contax really is the
best new medium format available.  Haven't tried Hassy's
latest/greatest, but the Contax has excellent usability.

As far as used medium format cameras are concerned, well, that
one is a bit tougher.  I'm leaning towards Mamiya 645, but could
be convinced to look towards Hassleblad--if the price was right.
 Problem is that by the time I get a few lenses...

If I hold off long enough maybe I can pick up a Contax kit on
the used market for half the price.  Lenses are $2,000 each
these days.  Gulp!  I'd need three of them, plus macro gear...
Hmm, that could pay for some serious Zuikos!

It will be interesting to see what digital does to the medium
format used market.

AG-Schnozz