[OM] Semi (OT) Tripods and macro, the Bogen 3221S

Subject: [OM] Semi (OT) Tripods and macro, the Bogen 3221S
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:48:54 -0800 (PST)
I have found that using my regular 3221 tripod for
macro just doesn't work. It's too big for low stuff
and too bothersome and heavy to try and spread the
legs all the way out where I find it's impossible to
micromanage. (this is all IMHO though) I know Bogen
has created a short version of this tripod and I was
wondering if and of you used it for macro work and if
so how does it compare in performance to its bigger
brother.

Mark Lloyd