Re: [OM] F280/OM4t questions

Subject: Re: [OM] F280/OM4t questions
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 22:19:50 -0700

Mike wrote:

...What, actually, is the difference? I guess the best way to say it is:

Given a shutter speed of 1/60 or slower, what's the difference between the
following:
flash = Super FP
camera = MANUAL

flash = NORMAL
camera = AUTO

Robert Swier

I was waiting for an answer to this question and must have missed it in
the digest clutter.

I too have been going over the manual for the F280 and don't understand
why it says for speeds slower than 1/60 (not 1/60 and slower, Robert) to
set the camera to manual. Yet in a couple of pages it says set the flash
to "normal" and the camera to "auto" for normal OTF pictures. Seems the
latter makes more sense. Isn't this what one would do with a T series
flash as well? When would you use Super FP with the camera in manual
mode? sounds like plain old manual to me but I'm kinda confused by the
whole thing.

I thought I would use the F280/OM4t combo at my daughter's graduation
from college next month (shameless brag:>) and the ceremony will be
outside in the commons area. Being Portland in May the weather is a
toss-up and so awnings are set up. I thought I should plan for outdoor
fill flash and so I am going to run a practice roll or two.

I am also open to lens suggestions or any suggestions for that matter.
I'm leaning to the 35~70/3.5-4.5 and either the 135/2.8 or 180/2.8. I
want to keep it simple with a minimum of changes. I thought of bringing
the TTL Auto Cord F0.6m to get the flash off the camera a ways with a
little assistance but it's really short, am i right in assuming that the
2m and 5m TTL cords won't work with the F280?

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West