Re: [OM] Replacement 1.35v Batteries for OM-1 etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Replacement 1.35v Batteries for OM-1 etc
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:03:55 -0700
Anyone used these 1.35 replacements for the discontinued mercury batteries? I already have the CRIS adapter, but am just curious...

Wein Cell MRB625 (which replaces PX625 & PX13)
Wein Products, Inc., 115 West 25th Street,  LA, CA 90007

http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/e_batteries.htm

http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/images/mrb625.jpg

Wein Cell Inc are in California; I had not heard of them until I noticed a camera auction on (...ahem) eeeeeee-bay, in which the seller stated that "1.35v cells were available from Jessops (U.K.)..." so I wrote to him and he passed on the manufacturer's name etc. I can not find a website for Wein Cell.

Regards,
Lee

I believe they are air cells which works well for constant use with the hearing aids they were developed for originally. They start discharging the second you pull off the tape over the air hole, not just when you use them. Short life. Also I do not think they have the constant voltage discharge to match a mercury or silver battery making light meter readings dicey in an OM. Maybe they are good in an emergency when nothing else is available.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?