Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) lens - AT-X 80-200 mm F-2.8 and Tamron 350mm mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ( OM ) lens - AT-X 80-200 mm F-2.8 and Tamron 350mm mirror
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:01:36 -0700
It's the AT-X. I've done no scientific testing, but I like the pictures it makes. It is one of my most often used lenses. The only slight negative thing about mine is zoom creep when hanging down from the strap. I also have the AT-X 150-500/5.6 and am very pleased with it. Not an everyday lens, but an excellent performer. It addresses zoom creep head-on with a friction adjustment knob. It is also significantly smaller and lighter and has a little more zoom range than the Tamron SP 200-500/5.6

To give Tamron their due, the 35-105/2.8 replaces the Tokina 35-200 when more speed is needed and the SP 60-300 is an excellent lens with more reach and amazing macro capability.

Roger D. Key wrote:

Hi Moose

Re: your Tokina 35-200; is it the ATX f3.5-4.5, or the SD f4-5.6 ?  What is
your opinion of it?