Re: RE: [OM] Holy cow! ( long, but not sorry)

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Holy cow! ( long, but not sorry)
From: Benson Honig <benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 20:37:25 +0300
For what it's worth, the appreciation of John's investment, as a
collector's item,
 will probably make us ALL wish we had paid what he paid...unfortunately, I
don't
have the spare money - but everyone remember that stupid plastic Olympus
doll -
somebody paid almost as much for it - wait ten years - they'll be the last
one laughing.
So, John, having just received a cap by my local dentist, one I enjoy
using each and every day, may I wish your new investment to be as
pleasurable, useful, and
practical as mine was.
Benson

>Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 09:04:17 -0400
>From: "John W. Sloane, DMD" <jsloane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: RE: [OM] Holy cow! ( long, but not sorry)
>
>Good Morning to all!!!
>
>I hope everyone is having as great a day as I am having so far, thanks
>for asking!
>
>In reviewing the comments made about my purchase last evening, I feel
>compelled to respond, as I think each and every one has some value and
>pertinence, as relative to eB*y trading, dentistry, prism rot,
>photography, relative value, etc...
>
>First, the root canal question, as I believe it was the first to arrive
>after the auction, and I KNOW it was posed in good humor and jest, but I
>think it is relevant.
>
 >Next, I AM a Zuikoholic, and I do not expect everyone else on this list
>to be one, or to understand all my motivation, but since all have chosen
>to comment, I feel free to comment back.  To many Pro Photographers, the
>equipment is just a "hammer" or tool.  Fine. Not to me, and not to many
>others on this list. I did what I chose to do, and maybe I will end up
>screwed, but I don't think so.  Maybe I am "only a nut" or "crazy" but I
>don't think so.  Maybe it won't be "worth it" but that is for me alone
>to decide. Maybe people who made disparaging comments are just jealous.
>I think so.
>
>Have a great day,
>John
>
>jsloane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx