Re: [OM] CAMERA BAGS

Subject: Re: [OM] CAMERA BAGS
From: Johan Malmström <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 19:14:19 +0200
Den/At 02-06-04 19.04 skrev/wrote "Daniel J. Mitchell"
<[DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]>:

>> I have longed for a camera backpacker bag, and with help from my
> girlfriend
>> (she the engineer...), a lot of silver tape, stuffing material (PE foam)
> and
>> a small backpacker, like the Fjallräven Kånken
>> <http://www.fjallraven.se/spring2002/en/23510.htm> .
>>
>> An hour later, I had a bag that hold all my current OM equipment:
>
> I've also made my own camera bag -- the tricky part was finding a bag that
> opens with the whole front folding away, so you get decent access to the
> contents. I'll take some shots and post them up somewhere -- it's pretty
> easy, just get a bag, a foam camping mat, some velcro and cloth, and sew
> away..

The "Kånken" does exactly that, opens with the whole front, more or less.
Maybe an inch or so at the bottom doesn't open.

Fjällräven makes a lot of outdoor stuff like clothes, tents, sleeping bags
etc, and I'm a very happy customer to some of their products. Besides being
swedish I have no other strings attached...

/ Johan