[OM] Fw: LP NOTICE: eBay Auction(s) Cancelled - User Agreement

Subject: [OM] Fw: LP NOTICE: eBay Auction(s) Cancelled - User Agreement
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:33:15 -0400
I find this email from Ebay simply amazing. They ended my auction because I
mention this mailing list and show a link on how to join.  Can someone
explain to me how this violates their user agreement? It has NOTHING to do
with ebay.

Tom

> Dear Thomas J. Scales (tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx),
>
> We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following item:
>

> 1360900766 Olympus Zuiko  50 f/3.5 Macro, VG, No Reserve
>

> However, your listing was in violation of section 5 of our privacy policy
and section 5.1 of the User Agreement.  We would like to take this
opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not allowed

> You violated eBay's User Agreement by collecting the contact information
of other eBay members through the view item page.

> The following text is inconsistent with our User Agreement:
>
> "You also might be interested in joining the greatest OM mailing list on
the internet. Just an incredible group of people. You can find out how to
sign up by clicking here"

> This is a violation of eBay's privacy policy, which states that "By
entering into our User Agreement, you agree that, with respect to other
users' personally identifiable information that you obtain through the Site
or through an eBay-related communication or eBay-facilitated transaction,
eBay hereby grants to you a license to use such information only for: (a)
eBay-related communications that are not unsolicited commercial messages,
(b) using services offered through eBay (e.g. escrow, insurance, shipping
and fraud complaints)".  In addition this is in violation of section 5.1 of
the eBay User Agreement, which states that "Your listings may only include
text descriptions, graphics, pictures and other content relevant to the sale
of that item"

> Because it is in violation of eBay's User Agreement, your listing has been
ended early.  All associated fees have been credited to your account.

> This notice is based solely upon review of the aforementioned listing.  We
encourage you to review all of your listings to ensure full compliance to
our guidelines.   If found to be in violation of one or more of our
guidelines, your current listings will be subject to further disciplinary
action, including the cancelation of your listings.

> You may review the User Agreement at the following URL:
>
> http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-user.html
>
> For a better understanding of our listing guidelines and how they affect
the way you list your items, please visit the following URL:

> http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-list.html
>
> For information on infringing or illegal items, as well as information on
other eBay listing guidelines, please visit the following URL:

> http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-items.html
>
> For more information on why eBay has ended an auction, please visit:
>
> http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-endauction.html
>
> Future listings that demonstrate a pattern of violations may result in the
termination of all of your listings, and repeated occurrences may jeopardize
your eBay account status.  We sincerely value you as a member of our trading
community and look forward to a continued successful relationship.  To
ensure this relationship, we must respectfully ask that you abide by our
guidelines and User Agreement in the future.