Re: [OM] Medium format/ Fuji GW670III

Subject: Re: [OM] Medium format/ Fuji GW670III
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 14:46:10 +0100
Cc: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I have had a Fuji GS645S Albert, and they are of reasonable quality.
The Zi has a very slow lens and limited zoom range; the 6x7 Fujis are
I think nice in terms of picture quality, but I reckon that 6x7 is a
big step.  It costs more to process and you probably don't have a
scanner to use with that size of negative.  I have a Bronica RF645
and it is a delight to use, small enough to carry around (on occasion
- my OMs are still my constant companion), and the AE and focussing
are accurate.  However, it is also bigger than your OMs and you may
find yourself leaving it at home in favour of a lightweight OM team.
For what it's worth, I think my Bronica is better made than the Fuji
I had, but I have not tried the 6 x 7s.  A Scotsman called Colin
Prior uses them  and 6 x 9 Fujis instead of LF for his lovely
landscape shots.

Chris