Re: [OM] fireworks

Subject: Re: [OM] fireworks
From: Sam Shiell <sam.shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:52:13 +0100
The best results I ever got was this ... I selected an aperture around F8-or
smaller and using a lockable cable release locked the shutter open. I then
put a piece of black card over the lens, removing the card as each firework
went off and replacing it afterwards. Obviously the camera was on a tripod
and I took extreme pains not to touch the camera during each frame. This was
with my OM1... not sure how do-able this would be with the later models.

You end up here with a nice montage of different fireworks, and they
"automatically" light the exposure more or less correctly.  It's best if you
do no more than 3 separate fireworks to each frame, and keep each "burst" to
no more than about 15 seconds or so, otherwise the colours get burned out.

Try it and see....

Sam

This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the named
addressee only. It may contain information that is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee
(or authorised to receive on behalf of the addressee) you may not copy, use
or disclose its contents to anyone else. If you received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your
system. We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses although
we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which may be
transferred by way of this e-mail.