Re: [OM] Need half frame help

Subject: Re: [OM] Need half frame help
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 12:43:26 -0700
George,

I also miss the list members that you noted. The loss of an OM list
member diminishes us all (with one glaring exception!)

However, not a day goes by without a good posting by someone.  You can
almost always count on something interesting from John Lind, Walt
Wayman, or Winsor Crosby, just to name three members.

Have you thought about taking photography classes at a community
college?  It's a great way learn new stuff, and you're "forced" to do
things that you wouldn't do on a "self-taught" basis.

I just took a class where we were all "forced" to use Kodak Porta 160
NC.  One young man was most resistant.  "I always use 400 speed film",
he moaned.  Now that he's seen the results, he is re-considering.  He
also is re-considering that have a f/4.5~5.6 "do everything superzoom"
is the right approach.  The easiest way to explain Bokeh is to show
someone a shot from a Zuiko 85 f/2 at f/2.8 or so.  I use the word
"creamy" to describe it.

Well, back to pulling weeds.  Be well,

Bill Stanke