Re: [OM] Compare and critique please

Subject: Re: [OM] Compare and critique please
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:58:34 -0700
Daryl, you deserve "the job" from what I can tell.

I looked at the track photographer's shooting days first and liked your
results much better over all. Your panned shots are much better, I thought.
Your victory lane shots were sharper and tended to have less glare off the
vinyl sign. Where "the track pro" seemed to have an edge was on the tight
3/4 view shots, and the tight frame filling side view shots. It also appears
as he tends to shoot for a higher percentage of "keepers" by using higher
shutter speeds, perhaps due to longer glass as well, but I don't know. From
an event coverage perspective be sure to get some that are tight and sharp
for drivers/car owners to buy for their sponsors. Mix the tight shots in
with those excellent pans and ceremony shots and you'll have the complete
package that blows this guy away IMO. (Unfortunately this may mean bigger
glass I fear--what do you use now?)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com