Re: [OM] OT: Wayne Harriage and email

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Wayne Harriage and email
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:33:02 +0200
In message <200208220518.g7M5IBM24807@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Wayne Harridge writes:

>> Richard F. Man <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone off hand know what's the deal with Entity mailer? Wayne,
>> what
>> kind of email program do you use?
>>

>I use 2 types, MS Outlook 2000 from home and a WebMail interface provided by
>my ISP from work.

There's the problem. Optus uses MIME::Tools set of Perl modules that
allow one to easily manipulate all kinds of messages that use MIME. Yes,
you guessed it, it's your spammers tool simply because it allows one to
write a short script, feed it a long list of target e-mail addresses and
use the wonderful new communications medium to propagate their message.

In short, Richard might want to reconsider his procmail anti-spam
recipes, because I'm sure Optus won't change webmail back-end. :-)

OM content: I'm getting cold feet after buying in a rather quick
succession (10 mins apart) 35 f2.8 (US $60), 100 f2.8 (US $140) and 135
f3.5 (US $60) all in 9 or 9- condition from what I've saw and read.

It's too late now, I got bitten by a Zuiko bug. :-(

Cheers,

Saso