Re: [OM] ( OM ) 18mm What ever happened to...

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) 18mm What ever happened to...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:11:17 -0400
Hi Andre,
Actually, his moniker is Critterpix (x, not k) and he's not Paul Van Tuyl. I know since I just bought his 24mm shift. He runs a photography business taking pictures of "critters". He's currently using the Canon tilt-shift lens in favor of the Olympus shift. Says the Oly has better perspective correction than the Canon but he has found the tilt capability of the Canon to be invaluable for focus on such things as leaf cutter ants marching down a tree trunk.

He's moving a lot of Olympus stuff that he doesn't use at all or doesn't use very much. He used to be totally Leica, then totally Olympus and now he uses Nikon, Canon and Olympus. He originally bought Nikon and Canon bodies to use a particular lens or feature and they have continued to make inroads against his Oly gear over the years. The Oly 18 has been displaced by a Nikon with Sigma 14. However, he doesn't really recommend this since he can't pack three systems off to Cambodia to shoot arthropods.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA
Andre said:
I noticed the seller is Critterpik from San Antonio=2E
What ever happened to Paul Van Tyle, the Olympus Guy?
His website is gone=2E Recall his forages on this list
and all the flaming it raised!!! :)) Is Critterpik
none other than Paul V?=20