[OM] Ultimate Travel Camera

Subject: [OM] Ultimate Travel Camera
From: Robert Judy <el_lobo48@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:54:50 -0700 (PDT)
For me, it's the XA. I prefer traveling light and not wanting to be a pack mule
for my SLR gear. I sold my original XA almost 20 years ago and realized
recently that 1) some of my best shots were with that camera, 2) I got great
pics with the XA largely due to one reason: it's so easy to carry that I
actually had it with me all the time, and 3) I was missing a lot of great photo
opportunities by not having it.

So, I recently bought an XA and am carrying almost everywhere --- and getting
some great photo opportunities as a result. Not a perfect answer for everyone
and I wouldn't recommend it as such, but it works best for me.

For the SLR, if restricted to one lens: 35mm. I "see" composition like that
lens. Another reason the XA works so well for me.

Robert