[OM] ebay lens & discontinued lenses

Subject: [OM] ebay lens & discontinued lenses
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 01:21:36 GMT
Cc:
If this is being sold by a list member, shame on you.  ebay
item # 1387835195 has a paragraph worthy of Olympus' support
policy.  The seller states that Olympus released a press release
on October 7, 2002 - when in reality it was released earlier
this year (spring?) - that they are announcing end of production
for the OM family.  The amusing thing is he does indeed include
the original press release with the following line:

  "Olympus will maintain parts for approximately 10 years after
   the end of production."

And then it hit me.  Olympus is actually being honest, though
hardly frank.  Since they have not actually made any lenses for
a long time, maybe even ten years, the above statement is true.
It gives the appearance that Olympus is being a good corporate
citizen when they are really just cutting their losses.  I'd
love to ask Maitani if he was a part of this deception.

Pete