[OM] Champagne is to K64 as Black is to Provia

Subject: [OM] Champagne is to K64 as Black is to Provia
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:35:31 -0500
How does it seem to work out that way?  I have a nice beater Ch. -4Ti
that shows (and usually uses) K64 in the film reminder, and a black
version that similarly works with ProviaF 100.  must be some un-written
rule....

But on the subject of -2n vs. -4Ti, I have to say that even though I
started this whole downward spiral with a great -2n, I have rarely
looked back.  Nostalgia: yes, but functionality: no.  If one is to get
the most out of their fast lenses, a good elec. shutter is necessary,
but to really get the right exposure, one has to spot meter what they
know, and let the camera do the rest.

True, the -4Ti isn't as nice to hold as the -2n, but if one needs that
absolute accuracy (as with most slide films) the -4Ti wins.  That said,
my bag is usually Black -4Ti and a Chrome -1n (with gorgeous Spark's
skin) back-up.  Lenses are 28/2, 85/2 and 135/4.5.  I still haven't
found the ideal flash, so both the F280 and T-32 get taken along, but
rarely used.

<snip>

Actually, I usually have the three 4's of the T persuasion loaded and
rea= dy to go all the time, the Champagne Ti with Kodachrome 64, the
black Ti wit= h Provia 100, and the black T with Provia 400.