Re: [OM] Film Scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Scanners
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:29:23 +0000
I know what you mean Tim; I have read reviews for and against
different scanners.  The trouble is, my discernment of (digital)
quality is probably not good enough to provide good advice anyway
;-).  And industry's failure to agree on standards probably benefits
everyone but the consumer; it becomes difficult to know who to
believe.

Anyway, I am happy with my scanner.  Even though it is probably
pretty slow in the scanning stakes, I have a workflow sorted out:
start Photoshop Elements, mount slides in holder while application is
importing the plugin, scan thumbnails, select all and scan.  Go and
make cup of tea, wash the dishes, sweep some leaves and come back to
sort the files and name them ;-).

Chris