Re: [OM] OMs and Zuikos at work

Subject: Re: [OM] OMs and Zuikos at work
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18:45:41 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, 08 November, 2002 07:34 PM

> > If anyone would like to see some shots taken by OM-3Tis & OM-4s and
> various
> > Zuikos (and a Tamron 300/2.8), check out the 2003 Browntrout railroad
> > calendars.  The following shots were by my brother, Dan Troy:
> >
> > http://www.browntrout.com/calendars/product.asp?MGID=306&IID=3142
> >
> > Cover shot and shots 1, 3, 4, 5 & 12 on back
> > Steve Troy
>

> Very nice pictures. Looks like they were all taken on the opposite side of
> the country from me though. Most of the trains are gone in eastern Canada,
> and they just announced the soon coming end of the one in Cape Breton, NS.
> I'm remember going with my grandparents, who drove a rural mail route, and
> waiting early in the morning for the steam train to bring in mornings
mail.
> Wayne

This looks like a shot of a freight train heading west towards Rogers Pass
in south central British Columbia ..... maybe five or more locomotives,
sometimes ten, pulling up front, with five slave locos in the middle of the
string of freight cars and five slave locos at the rear pushing. Seeing one
of these trains,  a mile or two long, from the Trans Canada Highway, snaking
its way through the mountains was always an impressive sight. Seeing the
same train, minus a few locomotives, winding its way through the spiral
tunnels at Field, BC just west of Lake Louise, Alberta was another
impressive sight with the leading engine emerging from one tunnel with the
rear of the train going in the opposite direction entering the spiral tunnel
several score feet below the leading engine!

Alas, no such mountain railways in eastern Canada.

John Hudson