RE: [OM] OM importing from USA.

Subject: RE: [OM] OM importing from USA.
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:37:08 -0000
John Duggan wrote:

> I have just been mugged by UK. customs  :-(   .Expected 135mm macro plus
> vario tube arrived today. Cost $365 including insured post. Import duty,
> VAT. and collection cost by parcelforce added £66.50 / $100 to the cost.

When buying from outside the EU, as a rough guide, you can expect to end up
paying the same number of pounds as the cost of the item in US dollars.
That will allow for postage, insurance, import duty, VAT and handling
charge.

Buying from inside the EU, there is no import duty or additional VAT to pay.

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)