[OM] Manual focus, motor sports question

Subject: [OM] Manual focus, motor sports question
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:16:03 +0800
OK,

Since you boyz do motor sports, I had a question. My friend (Minolta bigot) said specifically the reason he moved to an AF was because he couldn't catch the action (nobody can allegedly) with a manual focus. From the pics I see, the action looks just fine. Also, he said the shutter speed on the OM's were too slow to not get a blur. I don't see a single blur in that Mazda shot. So is it really that hard to do "action shots" with a manual focus??

Albert