[OM] End of an Era

Subject: [OM] End of an Era
From: "W. Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 02:04:20 -0800 (PST)
This post is a little self-centered but I have
subscribed to a photo magazine continuously since
1972, first Modern Photography and then Popular
Photography. My last issue was November of this year
but they sent me a freebie for December probably
because they could boast of circulation to their
advertisers. It is with some sadness that I will not
be receiving my monthly glossy with lots of ads to
pore over. But not with the internet and all of you my
necessity of a "fix" for information is satisfied.
Although at times we have to wade through flame wars
and other inanities, on the whole it is worth it not
only for the photo stuff but also the comraderie.

Thanks to all and to all a happy holiday season.

Warren

PS. And I save 12 bucks yearly subscription too.

=====
Warren Xato

For where to go when you know when
-PhotoDates-and-Places@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx