[OM] RE: olympus-digest

Subject: [OM] RE: olympus-digest
From: "danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:35:13 -1000
IS THIS STILL A TRUISM ?
******************************
"Which third party flash provides a dedicated
module, higher power, faster recycling flash that also does Super FP on an
OM-4T"?

> I believe the issue here is: will any other flash  function the same as an
>  F280?
>  I THINK the answer is no.  A 4T(i) is looking for the 5 pins of the 280
and
>  to my knowledge, there is nothing on the market that duplicates that
>  function for the OM series.

You're right, Brian,
The answer IS no. What contributes to the confusion is Sunpak's instruction
sheet/manual that claims "complete compatibility with all Olympus cameras."
Yes, they ARE compatible with all cameras- AT 1/60 SEC. They are not Super
FP
compatible, as they are not Super FP flashes. Also- what Olympus does with
the 5 pin contact no one else can do with only 3 pins. Common sense here,
people!