Re: [OM] Blurry Digital images, clear OM shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Blurry Digital images, clear OM shots
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:45:43 -0800
At 04:28 PM 1/29/2003 +0800, Albert wrote:
Wayne,

I'm talking BLURRY all caps. My gf had to stare hard to figure out who was who, and there are only 7 people in her office!

There is no way I can hold something steady with my hands outstretched; short of shutter speeds of 1/8000th, I don't see how they can..

I bet it's not the outstretched hands. When I use the digicam (Olympus C-3000), I hold it about ft and half away to see the LCD and the pictures are OK. I bet it's the autofocus mechanism failed in dark light.

Actually, another bad thing about the LCD is that since the camera is now usually lower than the eye level, the perspective changes to not what you would expect, especially since they have one button zoom and you never quite know what focal length is being used. Ergo, one must be more careful with unintentional perspective exaggeration!