[OM] Political discussion is an OT too far, I feel.

Subject: [OM] Political discussion is an OT too far, I feel.
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:43:01 +0000
Ladies and Gentlemen

I feel that we ought to leave out the current Iraq crisis from our
discussions.  I am one of the worst OT offenders, but there are
likely to be very strong views on this problem and we will not solve
it on the List.  Worse still, it might tear the List apart.

Political discussions normally cause problems (such as the rant about
some chap called Moore), but we survive them because we live in
different countries.  This crisis however affects us all and is
likely to polarise opinion to the detriment of good fellowship.

I have extremely strong views on what should happen next but I have
resisted the desire to express those views and I shall continue to
bite my metaphorical tongue.  Please let us get back to SUVs, EPA
promises, eBoo traders whom we are not sure we trust and... and.. oh
yes, Olympus cameras (even the ghastly digital things ;-))

Chris

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker