Re: [OM] Re: Flash sync & slavery (barely OM)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Flash sync & slavery (barely OM)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:10:43 -0800
Assuming that is the problem, it may be possible to adjust for it. The preflash is much weaker than the flash for exposure. It should be possible to weaken the light to the sensor enough that the preflash is below the threshold to fire the studio flashes, but the full flash will fire them. Pointing the sensor away from the camera flash and/or adding 'filtering' in the form of smoked glass, darkly transparent plastic etc. between camera flash and sensor come to mind. Or maybe just a black piece of paper with a hole in it of a size determined by experimentation taped to the sensor.

Moose

Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Jan,

I think you're right -- I've tried everything else.  Thanks to all for your
input.

For the archives:
The HP 315 digicam doesn't have this pre-flash and slaves work well on it.
The Canon PowerShot A20 DOES have this pre-flash and the slaves are out of
sync with it.