[OM] Re: Photoshop question

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop question
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:29:26 -0800
>From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>How do I change a drawing from colour to black and white in Photoshop 6.0? I
>would like to be able to set the colour density to determine whether the
>colour will go to white or black.

First, you can simply convert to grayscale via Image --> Mode. (If you need
more control mapping color to gray, you can use the Channel Mixer, but I won't
get into that here.)

Next, use "Image --> Adjust --> Contrast/Brightness..." and push the Contrast
slider all the way to the right. Make sure the "Preview" checkbox is checked,
and move the Brightness slider back and forth to select the point at which gray
gets clipped to black or white.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>