Re: [OM] Re: "Americanism," the American way and this list OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: "Americanism," the American way and this list OT
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 17:26:09 -0600
On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:58:21 -0800, Jan Steinman wrote:

>Here's a short of mine that the Oregonian recently published in their "Choice
>Cuts" section:

>"I'm sorry, leader "S" of country "I". But you have repeatedly violated UN
>resolutions, you have brutally repressed your indigenous minority population,
>and we
know you have nuclear weapons of mass destruction. As the only remaining super
power, it is our job to be "world cop," so we have no choice but to invade
Israel, Prime Minister Sharon."

>I don't think it's America that foreigners hate, it's the American blind
>hypocrisy that can invade one country that mis-treats its people, while
>sending massive
foreign aid to another.

I've seldom seen the truth more flagrantly misrepresented than in this post.

--
Barry B. Bean
Bean & Bean Cotton Company