Re: [OM] Re: Teacher salaries

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Teacher salaries
From: "Richard Hawkins" <rhawkin3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:36:54 -0500
Jim,

I can understand your feelings. The county my wife is teaching in here in
Florida is still negotiating a contract with the teachers for the 2002-2003
school year. Only one in the last 22 years have the teachers here started a
school year with a contract settled. BTW the superintendent was up for
re-election that year. They hold the purse strings. They keep the money most
of the year and collect interest on it, then settle the contract just before
the end of the school year. Nice attitude toward their employees!

Rich