Re: [OM] Rod Planck Seminar, Nikon VR

Subject: Re: [OM] Rod Planck Seminar, Nikon VR
From: Dizel <webmaster@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:35:09 +0100
Indeed! Those photos show remarkable sharpness and contrast. Obviously in
the hands of someone who understands photography is not 'just taking
pictures'. So, I'll bite. What lens are you demonstrating, and on what
platform?

:) Ohh.. I forgot to say :)

Uncoated Leitz Summar from 1936 on LIKE - LeIca - zorKi camEra.
A year ago I found a completely trashed Leica II (D) on a flea market
for 25$ - body was bent, without baseplate, lens mout was riped
off, rangefinder was rattling inside, top plate was scratched severely
with sand paper.. So I put a II guts (RF and shutter assembly) into
Zorki 1 (a type) body, made new shutter curtains from rubberized
cloth, machined some RF parts from brass, used new imagesplitter,
CLA-ed this thing, adjusted shutter to +/- 10% tolerance across
whole shutter scale and across whole field.. Now this strange
camera is silkier than any II or III I ever used and quieter than
II/III/M3.. :) With collapsible Elmar or Industar 50 it is
a beautiful shooter - with its silkyness, precise and crystal - clear
rangefinder.. :)
                                St.
             (XS360 Diesel - Sampo Lappelil, ZliMC)
                  http://www.familyofman2.com
 GH !d a- C--- E--- W+++ N++ o++++ PS+++ !tv b+++ D++ e* h* r++ z**